wahoo! just took the batavus for a ride

well the fire problem was the points and flywheel, I removed the flywheel and wetsanded all the rust off everything with 1200 grit paper and reset the points to 15 thousands they were about 40.........i bottoned it back up and tried ether and it started right up..........so i turned on the gas and kicked it a few times and it started and ran............i dicked around with the idle screw.still idling too high, and it stalls when ya let it slow down....I dont think the clutch is disengaging.....i took it for 2 laps around the neighborhood and it smoothed out some.............its smoking real bad....the speedometer said i was doing about 22 mph and it says its a 25 mph model...........so I guess im on the right track.............Im gonna do a real tank cleaning, make some new carb gaskets, and get new fuel line and a better fuel filter......and see if i can clean the exhaust..........I was told the old geezer never drove it very fast like maybe 10 to 15 mph ......can i get an aftermarket air filter? or do i have to find an original? ............anyway..thanks guys.......yall were right on target..........Ill see if i can post a pic of the rusty old gal

1117153578_im000484.jpg

Re: wahoo! just took the batavus for a ride

did ya see the can of dog repellant the last owner had hanging on the handlebar?hehehehe.........hey can i use a bicycle deraiiller gear for my chain tensioner? my plastic one is worn out...........also would it be ok to remove a link from the pedal side chain? its stretched bigtime.......

Don Pflueger /

replace the chain. if its stretched, it will wear down your sprockets really bad. dont know if a derailleur spur gear will work.

nice! i just fixed the clutch on my hs50 so i'm pretty happy!

was it sticking on like mine?

Jason Luther /

thats a sweet looking ride, i like the style. worth $50 for sure, nice job!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account