honda pc50!!!!

roadent$ craig /

alright so i bought a 1970 pc50 (i think) for 500 bucks, theres a couple things wrong with it....when im idling or stopping at a stop sign/light it stalls, its kind of annoying cuase its tought to get going when not on the stand. id like ot fix this problem so i can go cruising with no hassles. i heard that cleaning the carb would fix this problem but im not daring enough to tax apart something that i know nothing about. so if someone could give me some step by step instructions on how to do this id be happy.

Re: honda pc50!!!!

If it's cold it usually stalls or when your riding it for the first couple minutes. I usually just giver some gas and it doesnt stall. But it may want to take off on you. Sometimes on mine taking off the back preasure helps. If you take off the ecsaust it helps. Or the two screws holding on the pipe take one out. It lets out a bit of preasure and sounds sweet to.

roadent$ craig /

well even if im cruising down the street, then i let off the gas then just ride without gas it will stall...i was riding for a good 15-20 minutes and it was still doing this. ill try again tonight if it still stalls.

I think you need to adjust your idle screw... it's a screw sticking out on the outside of your carburetor, and it's probably got a spring on it. That adjusts how much gas your engine gets when the throttle is closed all the way. Turn the screw with the bike idling on the stand. I think maybe the engine should be warmed up first? Anyway, turn it so that your bike idles a little higher.

roadent$ craig /

k thanks alot ill try that when i get home....also when i tried it today it didnt start at all....i went to buy a new sparkplug and it runs perfect now! but the problem is if i let it sit too long with teh spark plug in it....or if i cruise with it to long, the spark plug gets to dirty then doesnt run very good or at all...this was the problem with my idling before....maybe its getting to much gas and clogging up the spark plug, ill try different things untill i get it right. thanks alot guys, i love this site and my moped

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account