how to lock flywheel?

Is there any way to lock the flywheel to get the nut off without special tools? Also is the nut reverse threaded?

Thanks

Re: how to lock flywheel?

Bruce Wilkinson /

What make moped ?

how to lock flywheel?

sorry, its a puch maxi

Don Pflueger /

remove the spark plug, feed some nylon rope down thru the hole enough to pretty much fill the cylinder. just be sure to leave some sticking out so that you can pull it out when the job is done.

About the RH vs LH thread thing.

This is not universally true, but the general rule of thumb is: If the part normally rotates clockwise, then suspect that the nut will be a LH thread. If it rotates counter-clockwise, then it should be a normal RH thread.

I used a spanner wrench bought at my local hardware store. It has 2 studs sticking out and it can piviot to make the studs closer or father apart. Put the studs in the threded holes on the spokes of the flywheel and rotate the nut to the left to loosen.use a fly wheel puller sold at moped ware house to pop the fly wheel off.HTH.Jim

I use a strap wrench. It goes around the rim of the flywheel and holds it in place. It may require a friend if cussing doesn't work, but it works fine for me.

I used donPs method tonight and it works great. Rope a Dope. But make sure you use the proper flywheel puller after you get that nut off. Or you might mess up the flywheel for good.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account