leaky tank.. i think there is a hole

I bought a Tomos from Motion Left mopeds in Elkhart, filled it up with gas and the damn thing started leaking. I took off the whole engine and cold welded where the gas was coming from put the whole bike back together and now when I add gas its still leaking. Is there some sort of thing I can pour in the gas tank that will patch up the leak? Will kreeme work?

Re: leaky tank.. i think there is a hole

Andy Kochvar /

I had a similar problem with my garelli Eureka. The lower left corner rusted through and left a half-penny sized hole. All I did was mix a lot of JBweld together, and made sure a nice thick layer covered the hole, let it dry for 24 hours, and do the same thing the next day. It worked so perfect, i did this a year ago, and no signs of deteriation.

i think its a pin hole size.. because I caked jb weld on.. is there somthing like fix a flat for a gas tank??

I used this stuff, it sealed the tank and a 1/4" hole in the bottom. http://www.caswellplating.com/aids/epoxygas.htm

See Ya Moped Army /

I have used JB Weld on leaky tanks with much success. Remove the tank and try pumping air into it while keeping the lower part of the tank submerged in water. The leak should show up.

that all sounds good but Its a tomos step through.. anything else??

Do you know extactly where the hole is?

I had the same problem on an old tomos step through. I put mad food coloring in some gas and that way I saw exactly where the leak was coming from. Then I used JB weld and it worked

Kreeme should work a lot better though.

I hate that problem because it means you stink like gas whereever you go

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account