1977 Garelli NO1

David Rencher /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

ok so i cant figure this one out, my Garelli runs great when i first start it and ride for a little while but after it has been running for about 15 min or so and i go up a big hill or have it wide open for a few min it sounds like the piston starts "tinging" i recently switched to synthetic 2 cycle oil and that helps some.

the only thing i can think that is causing this is when it is running hard it is not getting enough gas or the gas cap is preventing enough suction, also i have had this ped for over a year and a half and the problem just started about a month ago. and yes i have cleaned everything and checked for good gas flow the works and my rings look fine and there is no scuffing in my cylinder.

but i wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas about what would cause this or has anyone else had this problem with a Garelli.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account