Three small Moby 50V questions

Anthony K /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

It's supposed to be a beautiful day here in Pittsburgh, which is a rarity in itself, and on a weekend-- that's unheard of! So, I'd appreciate your help with these three small questions, and then I can get to work.

First, I got a copper gasket for my exhaust, which came with a crummy steel crush washer instead. It's split on one face (rather than the outer perimeter, like I expected) and seems to be filled with some fibrous stuff. Does anyone know if I should put the split side towards the block, or towards the pipe? I'm thinking towards the block, but wanted to be sure, since I can only really crush it once.

Second, I had a rag tied over my carb's air inlet when I went for my first ride (my airbox is gone), and when I got back it was soaked with gas & oil. What would cause gas to come back out the air inlet? I did take a small spill once, is it possible that the bowl could have drained out this inlet?

Last, anyone know if a gas cap from a '71 50L will fit a '78 50V?

Thanks a ton!

Anthony

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account