starts up ok, but gas makes it crap out.

So, i acquired this 1980 peugeot moped (103 lvs-us) a while back. When i took her out on the raod, the energy generated from the engine would seem inconsistant. pulling steadily along then doing this weird "popping thing" that made it lag. It has regressed to a moped that starts, sometimes maintains idle, but will crap out if i give it gas.

I've cleaned out the carb and the tank (there was a lot of yucky stuff in there). Still no results. More of a slowped than anything.

is there a fuel mixture screw, or perhaps a 'don't be such a bitch' screw somewhere that i am unaware of?

thanks for any advise!

even random remarks!

zach

Re: starts up ok, but gas makes it crap out.

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

Check your timing and try running with the choke half on. Let us know the results. Jim.

Jason Luther /

get a new spark plug. read freds guide in the resources section

Yup! Spark plug,first thing when you troubleshoot. My mower quit today and the first thing I checked was the spark plug. don-ohio

Jason Luther /

but was that the cause?

the timing seems to be ok. I pulled the plug however and it is soaked in oil. Also, my exaust is very very smokey and blue. why is there so much oil if i am running a 50 to 1?

oh, and the spark plug is fine. :)

Jason Luther /

the plug is oily because it isnt running well enough to burn all of the crud off. just _try_ getting a new plug. even a crappy one will spark.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account