trouble with the clutch?

Hello,

I am new to the moped anatomy. I just bought a Jawa 210 '92 one speed. It's my understanding that Jawas are not that popular due to the difficulty to locate parts. Never the less, I liked it so I bought it. Czech made baby.

Anyway, i am having trouble getting it started, only because it's so difficult to peddle. It feels like it is engaging the clutch when i push it. i will roll it a little bit and it'll catch, roll a little bit and catch. when it catches it completely stops the bike. I can get it started and it runs but I'm worried that I am dealing with a bad clutch. It does this with the ignition switch on and off. It feels like it's just gonna lock up on me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Marand

Re: trouble with the clutch?

Bruce Wilkinson /

Is there a small lever on the handles for decompression ? Pull it in and peddle. It should be easier to peddle.When you get going a little bit ,drop the lever and the clutch will engage the engine to start the bike.bruce

Yeah, no there is no lever on the handles. I did try pulling on the the cap of the clutch which locks it in to the mechanism, it's spring loded. so when it's out it rolls fine, but it's not locked and engaged, though it will pop back in and engage. This does work but, yesterday I didn't need to do this. It worked fine. ????

Thanks Marand

Bruce Wilkinson /

Go to www.mopedriders.org look in the moped repair. There's a shop manual for the Jawa 210 there. I think you may be missing a lever and cable that goes to the clutch. bruce

I've been looking through all the repair manuals and info I can get my hands on. It doesn't appear that anything is missing. I've looked the bike over thoroughly. Of course I could be missing something very simple. It wasn't doing this until last night. It is a one speed bike, should it have that lever and cable? I didn't see anything like that on the layout of the Jawa manual. Thanks, Marand

Bruce Wilkinson /

I would repost this problem with the title ' Jawa 210 clutch problem ' That way someone who has one might be able to help you better. Good Luck, bruce

I was under the impression that all the Jawa 210s (Babetta) were two-speed automatics. Is there a one-speed model?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account