Brake cable set screws

Anyone know where I can get these things? I have gone to a few bicycle shops and have had no luck. The pic I have came from a site that sells bags of 10 of which I only need one. Am I looking in the right places?

1116285041_setscrew.jpg

Re: Brake cable set screws

if it's not too expensive, i would buy 10, it's always helpful to have spares ones

g.b.

Call the parts dude at handybikes.com...

(614) 299-0550

He has them and sent me one with a brake cable...

most auto parts stores have them in the HELP! section- with the other random generic parts and hardware.

$2

teyve got them at moped junkyard for 2 bucks a pop. They also have other cable ends that anchor the cable end with the ball.

Don Pflueger /

they are called knarps. most schwinn bicycle dealers sell them in packs of two for around $6.

Re: Brake cable set screws Autoparts store

Tom Carney /

Bingo! The auto parts store had them in the HELP section just like you said. Thanks, I think it was about $2.50 for a pair of them. Now I don't have to worry about paying exorbatant shipping charges....

thx

I love those things...they make adjusting your brakes and removing wheels so easy I do it just for fun.

I got one on my carb- it pivots just enough to keep things from binding and braking.

Figured they were around $3 at the auto parts store.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account