power

terrangela /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hey all,

I have had my moped (1977 Puch) for acouple of years and I think I pushed it around more last summer than actually rode it. It has been in the shop for a couple of weeks getting new tires and a general check up before the summr starts. It is ready for me to pick it up however, I am told that it's only going 17mph. Same problem as last year. I had the points, condenser, spark plug rplaced. The carb is clean, gas mixture good, Cleaned the exhaust last year. Maybe doing that wiill help againbut it didnt really help before. points are gapped properly and timing is good.

Now this may be the most retarded question/statement ever on this site but here goes. I read once that someone had a broken horn and when he fixed it all the power came back. I do have a problem with my horn going off all the time but I have temporary fixes for that. Has anyone heard of such a stupid thing before? Does anyone know how and where to get a new horn and replace it?

Thanks for reading my rambling story for such a silly question.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account