broken gasket bolts

sean /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

i recently purchased an 83 fa50 suzuki shuttle and after a lil work it ran pretty good. My gasket was leaking though, so i loosened the bolts n all and began to tighten then about a quater turn at a time in the x pattern, an next thing i kno bang the bolt just snapped off. I got pretty frustrated n stupidly started it up it ran leaking a lil but hell it ran so i rode it.. well bout an hour later it just starts like screaming n shuts off i knew the gasket was gapped n i turned the bolts with my hands n the left one was loose. I figured i could lok tite the bolts on so they wouldnt come off but when i took it apart the other bolt on the side of the broken bolt was cracked almost all the way threw n then just fell off. Now my question is how do i repair this my dad is a machinest so he may be able to help me out alot here but i need to kno where to start like do the rods unscrew out of the engine or are they set into it when it was cast . any information is much appreciated. thanks

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account