Motobecane drive chain tension

I recently got a Motobecane M1. I got it running really nice, but the drive chain tensioner is missing. The post for it is there, just the end is missing.

I attached a picture of the post, it's at a weird angle and I've never seen one like this. Usually you can pull the wheel backwards to tighten the drive chain, but not this puppy.

What can I do about this? When it starts, the chain skips around and it makes it tough to drive it.

=/ any ideas?

1115854513_dscn7242.jpg

Re: Motobecane drive chain tension

I have the tensioner you need, I live in the kalamazoo area, and Ill sell it to you cheap.

-backwards

Haha! You are the king!

... emailing you ...

Hey Beamer... what ever happened with your bogging Puch last week?

that part looks really bent, if you want beamer you can aim me mellomaniac

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

hey whats up nick. thats funny cuz i was just going to tell that guy that you had that tensioner.

Actually it's not bent, it's supposed to be like that and some odd-angled guide goes on the end of it.

That SOB is still bogging.

I even put on the original (leaking) carb with the original jet.

the one that backwards has is straight and it has the wheel on the end of it that is straigh. it looks to me like the mounting bracket is all bent but it is your bike so you should know it better than i would.

i just saw a pic in the picture are of your bike. that chain tensioner looked really over engineered. i dont know how i would feel about putting two bends in a place where a straight peice can go. to me that sounds like a falable setup to me.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account