Re: Please help ID some 50V parts!

Anthony K /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

legendre,

Thanks for the advice. If this part doesn't belong there, any idea why the exploded views of the exhaust on mopedriders.org and themopedjunkyard.com show at least two rings/washers between the exhaust and block? I thought this might be one of them.

As for McMaster, I already tried looking there, with no luck. They do have some woven ceramic gasketing material that might work. I looked in Grainger and MSC as well. I'm thinking about getting some small diameter (1/8") soft copper tubing and bending it into a hoop, or else annealing some 3/4" ID copper pipe to make it maleable, cutting a 1/2" length of it and hammering the ends so they flare out.

Another question for you: can you get the spark plug out without removing your engine from its mounts? There's no way I can get a long socket between the plug and frame. Is there a commonly available tool for doing this, maybe a wrench with a zig-zag handle?

Thanks for your help!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account