Please help ID some 50V parts!

Anthony K /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I took my 50V out for a ride on Saturday when I first got it running. When I got back, I noticed that the back of the front fender was splattered with oil that had sprayed out from around the exhaust. Not good! So I need to get serious about buying (or maybe making) one of these copper exhaust gaskets. Here are the parts I currently have:

The exhaust was assembled with the flat side of the ring facing the block, and the concave side of the ring facing the pipe. It's not copper, as it sticks to a magnet. Is it supposed to be in there, or is it someone's attempt at substituting for the copper ring? If it does belong, is it facing the right way? And where would the copper ring go in relation to it, between it and the pipe, or between it and the block?

Thanks!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account