Re: Fixing a 1987 Motomarina Raven

Angie /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Leon,

There is a filter attached to the carb. I checked and it seems to have been cleaned recently. Also the coil does fit nicely in a spot below the seat between the frame and the engine but there is no place to mount it, unless there was a piece that held it there. Also I am not sure which side to put the coil wire. It seems to go either way but I'm not sure. Also up by where the coil attaches to the spark plug, there is a small screw and clamp, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere on the front end to attach it, unless there was another piece there. I'm not all that educated about mopeds, but I'm trying to learn. I put the carb back on this one myself and made sure it was tightened down, I tightened the petcock and faced it in the correct direction, and I also checked the filter on the carb to make sure it was clean. I think with a new spark plug and some mixed gas, it would start right up. It seems to have good compression when I turn the pedals, and the exhaust doesn't have oil or any burnt smell to it, so I'm thinking it should fire right up with a spark plug and some gas (of course a gas line). Just afraid that with the petcock being really loose, it might all leak out. So I may just try a tiny bit of gas to see if she'll fire up or not. I'll keep everyone updated on what happens tomorrow when I try to start it the first time.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account