TFR mirror vibration?

When I rode my new TFR yesterday I could barely see what was behind me when looking in the mirror.

The moped vibrates the mirror at a high frequencey thus causing the image to become blurred.

Is this common for the TFR?

What can I do to fix this problem?

Rubber pads or something where the mirror connects?

I was going to order the right side mirror for $9.75 but I don't want to if it does the same thing.

Anyone else have this problem?

Re: TFR mirror vibration?

Its a common thing, I think it would be a feat to have one not vibrate. I can still see through mine good enough to get away.

Yeah, same here. i can still see cars, and objects like people. You said your TFR was new? Were u going full speed?

Elliot /
OP

I was only going 3/4 throttle.

Usually this equates to 20-25mph; down hills 32mph.

I am excited about getting this moped broken in and then riding it full throttle full time!!

I am going to look into getting an expansion chamber (exhaust).

If I can get 5mph more out of the exhaust then I will purchase one.

Do any of you people have an expansion chamber on your Kinetic TFR?

What kind of performance do you get from the pipe?

Thanks

You could always have a custom pipe made. Who makes that carb anyway?

uh oh...you shouldn't be going over 20mph, esprecially 32mph when you are in the stage of breaking your TFR in...

About the vibration, this is a very common problem with motorcycles and mopeds in general. I tend to use bar-end mirrors, which vibrate much less. If you can find one of the quality bar-ends that has a rubber mount, that will make a big difference.

But even the rigid mounted ones are better than a regular stalk mirror, with respect to vibration control.

If your mirror has an adjustable stalk, try changing the length - and thus the tuned frequency - of the mirror.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account