Damn this exhaust

So I got a bi-turbo exhaust for my Puch. Sportsbay failed to mention that it was for a Maxi and not my Magnum MK11. So now the problem: I can't get the damn thing to seal. There is a gap on one side between the cylinder and the exhaust. I tried using high temperature gasket material but the gap is still too large. I need a wedge like gasket in order for it to seal. What the hell should I do?

Re: Damn this exhaust

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

It should work regardless. Make sure you are using the exhuast gasket, and maybe consider using 2. Make sure the exhuast is mounted properly as well.

Brooklyn

Jenn Scimia /

It is mounted properly. I called zippys and the guy told me there's a gap because the cylinder on the magnum is slanted and it's not on a maxi. So I still have this gap regardless of how many gaskets I use.

you may have to relief-cut the exhaust flange to fit. Either that or take a grinder to your head.

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

Yea I was pretty sure all puch cylinders have the same exhuast angle... I know that they don't make seperate Magnum biturbos, and I've seen biturbos on magnums.

Can't you send it back and get the correct one?

that's the first thing i would try..., ask for an exchange

the two pipes are very different... I have both kinds... you need the correct pipe if it's gonna fit right... return it and get the right one..

Jenn Scimia /

returning it is not an option. I was told it could be modified, just not how, that's why I'm asking.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account