Piston Problem?

Jeff Hinton /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi,

I bought a Puch Newport a couple of weeks ago, and I haven't been able to get it running yet. I bought it from a guy who said that the person he had bought it from had installed a 65cc airsal kit, but he had never been able to get it running. I've checked and the engine is definitely new, but when I try to turn it over, it makes this pisst, pisst sound like air is escaping from somewhere on the engine block. I've also checked to make sure the piston is installed properly (holes on the top of the piston on the intake, right?), and that the ring lines up with the pin.

My question is does anyone know where I can get an airsal instruction manual so I can see if there's anything missing? Do you think it's a gasket problem? Any ideas of what the problem might be?

Thanks.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account