the gas bones connected to the engine bone

My ped won't run. I have narrowed it down to a carb problem or a reed problem. My carb is clean, and gas flows to it. The bike will start by putting gas into the spark plug hole, but dies shortly thereafter. I have compression. Is it possiable that my reed valve is clogged or broken? The reed goes into the crankcase not the cylinder, so it's not all that easy to get to. I did have it arround the block about 5 times the other day then it died. I am open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Travis

Re: the gas bones connected to the engine bone

Leon Swarmer /

PUt a new spark plug in it and see if it gets wet.

Reeds are rarely the problem. Much more likely the carb still has dirt somewhere.

does the choke make any difference?

What's the ped? motor?

I have a new spark plug in there (forgot to mention)

It could be dirty carb, but I have torn it completely appart and cleaned it 3 times, choke does not make diffrence, however previously I would have to choke it to get it started then hold it down for about 45 seconds then it would be fine.

1980 Malaguti Commuter 1 W/ Morini M1 engine

I guess I'll do the carb again as I don't have anything else to do right now. Thanks.

make sure your cap vent isn't clogged... it sounds like it's starving for gas...

I am having the same basic problem. I think tha I have narrowed it down to leaky crankshaft seals. These let air suck into the crankcase instead of thru the carb making the engine run very lean if at all. Mine will run with the choke full on and not load up the engine which is a clue for me.

Has your unit been sitting for a long time?

no about 2 weeks since it last ran reliably, a week since I got it stated for about 10 mim.

I'm pretty sure that's not it as I tryed to start it with the cap off.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account