strange happenings (help!)

Nolan Gherity /

so i got my puch bombardier running, and it was running really good, until the day pat and i were supposed to ride. I cant figure out why this happens: When i pull the throttle to a certain point, very close to full, it bogs enough to kill the engine. We decided to go riding and see what would happen. After 10 minutes of cruising around at 20 mph, i put it up on the stand and slowly slid the throttle back until it was full. It rode great for a good 15 minutes, then went back to the same problem.

please help me, its 70 + degrees out and I NEED to ride.

thanks,

nolan

Re: strange happenings (help!)

do you have a choke lever?

Nolan Gherity /

i have stock everything, so i dont think so

it sounds like you are either over-jetted or getting too much air or both.. what size jet are you running and is the plug in the airbox in or out?

you are 4-stroking i believe. Try running without the airbox. If it gets better without it, than you arent getting enough air out of the box. Remove the plug or clean it or somthing. If that doesnt work, you might be jetted too high.

He said it quits when he opens the throttle. Could be not enough gas making it in there. Check petcock filter in tank and filter on carb. and float level. ALSO make sure your gas cap is venting. don-ohio

Nolan Gherity /

i took the carb apart and that all checks out. the puch has one of those plastic gas caps, so if i pushed it down hard, it wouldn't be venting, right? I also noticed that the airbox opening was pinched (or something) and it slides on and off my carb easily, im sure theres a gap somewhere.

Ill test those things and get back to ya

how does one check the level of the float anyway?

Nolan Gherity /

don-ohio,

it turned out to be the gas cap, that would have been the last thing i would have though of. thanks so much!

nolan

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account