brake switches HELP!

Mike Bartell /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I have a problem with my brake light switches on the handlebars. They work opposite of what I think they should. When the button is out, they are off, and when the button is in, it's on. This means that when the brake lever is not pulled, current is going thru the switch, and when I pull the lever the light goes out.

It's a Sachs westlake with the 504 and originally had the motoplat 3 wire electronics. I think these switches are used because the motor grounds thru the taillight on this system.

I switched it to a Bosch 4 wire set up that has a separate coil for the brake light. So the big question- where can I get switches that are off when the button is in and on when the button is out?

I think the switches are the same measurement on anything that uses Maguria levers. If anyone can check how their switches work, and tell me what the ped is, I'd really appreciate it.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account