a couple of things

Well where do I start. I just bought this yumbo free two days ago. I love it . Any thought on this particular brand, model. (im open to criticism) I've already found out that there arent to many parts dealers out there. My questions are Where can i get replacement wheels? aluminum preferred. retrofitting wont bother me. perf upgrades..ive read in other posts people using a 70 cc kit made for one bike and used it on his.. can this be done..any suggestions? on my bike any time i hit the brakes my headlight really fades out, it doesnt seem to create enough voltage, even when im part throttle and moving. Does any one know where i can get part for this ,mufflers, upgraded carbs....etc the perf stuff

Re: a couple of things

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

http://www.anythingatv.com/Scooters/Yumbo/Yumbo_Free_Moped_Scooter.htm

Before we start beating him up, look it's a pedal moped. Jim.

anyone know what it's based on? that would give you an idea of where to start.

if it's belt drive to the rear wheel , and has a gear reduction there you might be able to use something from a vespa, honda PA50 or a kinetic.

Otherwise you should see how many chains go to the rear wheel, and where they are located.

Hey Mike, Just read your bio, my daughter lives in Corvallis, teaches at Linn-Benton College and raves about the beauty of Oregon. We plan flying out next year. I can hardly wait to se the Columbia River and the snow capped mountains. Jim.

well its not a pedal moped its a kick start. it has a belt to chain drive spoke wheels. all this is on the right.

Does it have pedals? If not there are certain people on this site who will tell you to to check out a scooter site. Jim

http://www.anythingatv.com/Scooters/Yumbo/Yumbo_Free_Moped_Scooter.htm

this is the actual moped that i have but in red. no pedals as in pedal start. ive done some tweaking. it runs alot better now but i seem to have to mess with the choke all the time. it hits 30 mph stock.with me on it and im not a small guy i weigh about 240. its a little slow on take off.

Well, she is right, but the anti-tourism board will be out to get her! She's supposed to say "I think it's pretty out here, but it rains all the time"

or

"it's really colorfull, and yes grey is a color"

She also shouldn't mention that you can drive an hour to the west for a really nice coast, or an hour to the East for mountains.

YUMBO hmmmm... does it have big floppy ears and a trunk?? lol

well i did more research its made by hero-majestic ....an indian company. I guess they call it yumbo for Americans.. Anyone know of any parts sites for hero-majestic stuff ?

Oregon has a "anti-tourism" board?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account