Derbi Motoplat ignition timing

Bort Hoff /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

So I have this Derbi. I got it last fall, and I had been waiting to for parts to get it running. The bikes in great condition, but it doesn't run. I thought it was poor compression, as that is what the previous owner thought its problem was. So I install new rings, and its the same as before. The old rings looked fine, so compression is good. I now think its the timing. The points open 8mm before TDC, which a bit more than the 1.8mm Derbi recommends. Heres my problem. The ignition is Motoplat, a system akin to CEV. I can't get at the screws that hold the stator in place, because the flywheel covers them. Does any one know what pullers will work on Motoplat? Will CEV match? Has any ever pulled a Motoplat Flywheel off before? I've heard there is some crossover between Bosch and Motoplat, and some sachs have motoplat magnetos. Any Ideas?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account