fuel/oil mix

fuel/oil mix??? i may sound retarded but the guy i got my moped from said to mix it 25:1 but at that mix i have noticed it friggin' stinks.! am i using the wrong ratio or is there something else i need to do or is that the way it is supposed to be?

Re: fuel/oil mix

yea the store i bought my bike form said to mix gas and oil with the same ratio i have noticed that it smokes more and the smoke has sort of blue tint to it i think i will reduce the ratio so i stop looking like a fag burring too much oil

25:1 seems like alot of oil to me

yeah i thought so also but i dont know. this guy sold it to me out of his garage so i am not sure he knows much about this stuff. what do you use?

Go with between 40:1 and 50:1 and you should be fine..

wow thats a lot more gas... you dont htink i could have damaged anything running with that much oil?

John Joedicke /

With the newer and better oils you can go at 40;1 and be safe. Use a good synthetic and you will have hardly any build up of carbon and the bike will run smoother without the tell tail smokescreen.

cool thanx for the help i appreciate it

no too much oil will only foul your plug... too little oil on the other hand will seize your piston :P

Just take your plug out and spray some car cleaner on it and it will clean right up!

ok sounds good thanx

Excess oil could have fouled up the plug, or carboned up the piston & exhaust. If you only ran a tank or two of this mix, it's probably just fine.

Use the ratio that others have suggested (40-50:1 with a good synthetic oil), and all should be well.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account