variation at top speed

at the top end I hear a subtle reeerrrrreeerrreerr very fast back and forth of course. Adding a bit of oil seemed to make it a little happier, but its still there just a tiny bit.. Im sure I have enough oil in there...any other suggestions?

Re: variation at top speed

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

Your piston may be seizing. Are you using auto-mix or pre-mix? Jim.

both since its 70cc

Adding a bit of oil seemed to make it a little happier, but its still there just a tiny bit.. Im sure I have enough oil in there…any other suggestions?----------------------------------------- It sounds like your auto-mix is not working. I suggest you drain your fuel tank and put in 40:1 fuel mix and try it. The most you will do is kill your plug. The pre-mix and auto-mix oils you use should not be the same. Jim.

well actually, it doesn't make too much of a difference from what I understand, I have injection oil which is slightly thinner...i can get some premix oil if you think it will help, ill go ahead and try plugging up my oil and premixing the gas.

my engine looks pretty ugly, some slight discoloration and a group of scratches at the bottom of the cylinder, the scratches are visible but you can only barely feel them, seems as i did something quite wrong on breakin....adding more oil is just making it run much slower...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account