Long lasting intake bolts?

Brentus Sioux y Cycle /

On my intake manifold on my 2000 Tomos, they keep coming off after a ride or two, basically shutting me down and going home to tighten em back up with allen or hex wrenches. Any certain type of bolt that will stay longer?

Re: Long lasting intake bolts?

John Joedicke /

As been said many times before on this site, USE BLUE LOCKTITE on them when you install.

Brentus Sioux y Cycle /

thanks. what's the difference between them and others? can you get them off once you use them (like reverse threaded?)? any good place to get them.

"Blue Loctite" is a product that you apply to the threads of your bolts, not a type of replacement bolt. The Blue stuff is the lowest strength product (they have half a dozen grades, or more), but will hold your bolts in fine.

Make sure that the bolts & holes are clean, dry and free from any grease or oil before applying just a drop of the product to the bolts. Then reassemble & tighten to specs.

Brentus Sioux y Cycle /

that helps a bit. didn't want to go into a parts place asking for something that didn't exist.

John Joedicke /

And using ball end allen wrenches will also help you tighten them up right because of the confined space.

Brentus Sioux y Cycle /

i thought so earlier, but i really need something to keep em in. i broke down again today because of bolts coming out. not too cool in 80 degree weather.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account