wheels frozen

I just bought a puch(looks like maxi) and a honda express,both sat outside for a entire year uncovered and havent run in 4 years,the back wheel on the puch is frozen(wont move) and the same for both wheels on the express,any Ideas on how to try to get them to move?

Re: wheels frozen

check to see if the wheels are alighned properly they could be damaged, also they're probably rusted to **** with a whole year outside, _if_ there is a ton of rust on the wheel splash both of them up with some penetrating oil/lubricant and let set for a bit, when that's don't scrub off the brownish film with a toothbrush till clean then try and spin the wheels

if that doesn't work check to see if the brakes have locked up

Checking the brakes and wheel bearings would be a start. I worked on a scooter that sat and the brake shoe (compound) had come free from the pad itself and wedged its self in there locking up the rear wheel.

hows the simplest way to access the wheel bearings?

Remove the wheel(s), take off the brake backing plate (so you don't ruin the shoes) and soak the hub/axle with penetrant. I'd suggest Kano Kroil; WD-40 might work, but it's a joke compared to Kroil. When things are freed up, disassemble, inspect, and replace / repack as required.

It also won't hurt you to find a manual, or at least an exploded parts diagram, so you know how things go together (come apart).

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account