Solex 5000

John Gooding /

I've torn my Solex 5000 rear haft apart, however I have no clue how in the heck it goes back together. The paint on the rear was chipped off really good, so I took it apart, painted it, but by the time I got the chance to put it back together I totally forgot how to do it. Does anyone have a manual or a lead to one?

Re: Solex 5000

Philip Arnold /

Thats funny! I am doing the same thing now..

pda

It must be good weather for it as I am also tearing down mine for paint. What color are you using, I'm using green with a hammered finish.

John Gooding /

I'm just using the original orange. It doesn't look that bad in the picture, but if you looked closely there is some major flakin going on. I know the 5000 frame is smaller, but if I bought a manual for a 3800 would I be able to fill in the blanks and be able to put the bike back together?

1114829759_solex5000.jpg

John,

e-mail me and i'll give you links and addresses to diagrams,etc. and any other info/help you need. Brian

Don Pflueger /

just look them up on www.velocruz.com

I'm associated with velocruz and have provided John with info. If anyone else needs assistance with a Solex/Velosolex you can contact me directly or through this site or through Velocruz or through Velosolex-America. I'm more than happy to help with all Solex problems/questions big and small.

Don Pflueger /

same here. i have a lot of dealer service manuals, aftermarket parts manuals, breakdowns, and various solex literature. all pertaining to the 380, 4600, and 5000 series bikes.

What model Solexes do you have? Do you do much Solex riding? We're having the Bastille-Day Citroen and Velosolex rally again this year in New York City on July 17th. Solexly, Brian

Don Pflueger /

i had two 1975 4600's. one was a 7up promotional bike. i sold them last summer. i found this 7up bike at a scrap metal recycler. it was about to be crushed. it was in near mint condition, but needed a carb rebuild and tune up.

Hi Don,

Very cool! Thanks for sharing that photo. I've never seen a 4600 like this one before. It's amazing what some people will throw away. I'm glad you recued it and hope to cross its path someday. Best regards, Solexly, Brian

1115000414_3800nyc.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account