TFR Idle

How fast should a TFR idle? According to the book, I think I saw 1600rpms. This seems quite fast. If the idle is set correctly, and the bike is on the stand, should the rear wheel turn? Turn fast? Any thoughts here? Thanks...

Also, how can the idle be adjusted?

Re: TFR Idle

turn, not fast, and enogh to where u can wheel it back words without any force pushing you worward

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

I set my idle(with lights on and warmed up) to have no forward motion when the wheel was on the ground and the engine was running smooth. When I put it on the stand, the wheel would turn fairly fast, I think this will change when the clutch wears.Jim.

I own a TFR, whats an idle????

Idle is the speed of the engine when the throttle is closed. Jim.

hahaha..i think there was humor there, jim....I think I know what he means....The manual say idle is 1600rpms! Seems fast! I still don't know how to adjust it..I did see the mixture screw and it is set at about 1.5 turns out. I am hoping it will settle down after a few more miles. I assume it is adjusted like the Vespas, that is, with the adjuster where the throttle cable enters the carb.

am interested in buying a moped, but don't trust buying online (backstreetscooters.com). I will be attending college next year, and will commute about 4 miles round trip and to the fitness club. So, about 5 miles a day. I want a moped instead of a car because its cheap, gas is expensive, car insurance, and simply cause im a conservative! There ya go---------------------------------------------------------------------Hey Frankman, I thought the question was so immature, I checked his bio(above) and realized he could be serious. My brother turned the idle down for me so I can't tell you where the adjustment is located but it should be as you indicated in your post. Jim.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account