1980 Peugeot...bogging

My 1980 Peugeot 102sp ha just started to bog and stutter while I am riding it and I can't figure out the problem. Does anyone know what it could be? If so, please let me know.

Re: 1980 Peugeot...bogging

the carb is clogged i think, when mine would do that, i would just hold the choke and the accelerate. Take the carb off and dissasemble it and clean it well.

thanks alot

Michael Jacob /

I have had this problem for about two years with a peugeot 103. Does your engine stope completely and then you have to wait a while before you restart it?

no, mine will start right up but i have to hold the choke down to accelerate

Mine used to bogg down but i messed with the gas and air flow mixture screws and it worked for a while and it went 20 mph faster but it started doing it again and i need to know what the original settings are?

My 77 103 would usually clog the little filter in the fuel tank, it was a small brass screen, I also put a small fuel filter on it. The carb is so small it can be clogged by many things, the vent pipe, varnish that builds up, water condensation in the carburator when the engine is shut off. So its tank, fuel filter, carb. Don't be afraid to put in a cap full of fuel system cleaner, before you clean all three of those things. The cleaner could loosen up some dirt, that will be caught hopefully by your filter. Then you can check all three.

doreen the monster /

this is a typical death roll of the gurtner. get out while you can! check out some of my posts about trying to get a dellorto carb on there. hasn't happened.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account