1981 jawa x30

I just picked up a 1981 jawa x30 and I am trying to get it running. The problem I am having is no spark any things that can be checked with meters or something ? I tried pulling the blue kill wire off the coil but it still had no spark. Can anyone tell me where I can get repair parts in MA or RI

for this little beast ?

Re: 1981 jawa x30

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

Well, Jawa's use a crazy ignition system, that frequently fails. Your probably going to have to find a new ignition, but check all of your wires first. This manual may be similar to your bike:

http://www.mopedriders.org/article_view.php?faq=2&fldAuto=17

Brooklyn

I own a 87 210, they are fine machines when they are working. I would recomend not to touch any wiring unless you are absolutley shure you have a problem there. I have never seen such a confusing wiring system, you may do more damage than good. 90% chance your cdi unit is gone that little black box on the left side under the tank. It's pretty simple if it sparks it's fine if not you could have faulty wiring or cdi is gone the coil I am told rarley goes. Jawas are notorious for their cdi units going bad you should get a new one before you pull anything apart unless there is ovious signs of previous owners messing with the wiring leave it alone. Replace the cdi if that does not solve the problem then do all that pulling wires out, think about it you should have a second cdi anyways as they do foul up so it is not a waist of money even if it's not the problem. I am a fellow Jawa owner and know the bike well electrics on these bikes are a nightmare Im just trying to save you a lot of frustration and wasted time. 90% chance it's the cdi-----try searching the net for THE JAWA SHOP in czechslovakia (I ordered a new top end for my Jawa incident free) Radim the owner does not take credit card so you have to wire the cash or send check. There's also a place in Germany MZ it's called, just search and yee shall find. Parts especialy cdi's are hard to find for Jawas so ordering from Europe may be you onley resort. The bike is worth putting money into as long as the body is in good shape Jawas are the smoothest mopeds I have ridden and I have almost ridden them all. Bon chance (good luck)

tom bent /

Thanks Marshall,

I've allready tried MZ and they do not have any units in stock and don't know when thy will. Iwill give the jawa shop a try.

Thanks,

Tom

tom bent /

Thanks Brooklyn,

Look like the same moped to me this should be a great help to me.I did not get any manuals with the moped when I picked it up.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account