Flywheel Generator

the generator wheel only makes a rotation after about 4 full rotations of the pedals. what do you guuys think might be the issue here, and if i need to take that bad boy apart how? (difficult to get a grip on the opne on the other side of the one pictured. the piston is punping, but like i said only after 4 pedal rotations

1114548317_dsc01394.jpg

Re: Flywheel Generator

Is the drive chain slipping when you are pedaling? Is the drive chain moving when you are pedaling also? Check the sprocket under the pulley assembly and see if you are missing teeth? The pedals move the chain, the chain moves the flywheel when starting....if i am correct....I would start there...

The starting clutches are not making contact probably.........they're in the variator. don-ohio

well i figured it out that you have to pull the lever that allows air intoi the piston, which makes it easier for the gerneator to spin and spin it does, whcich ultimatly led to the maiden voyage. cheers for the help anyhow.

Yeah.........you DO hafta' pull the decompression lever. That let's compressed fuel/air out of the cylinder and makes it turn over easier. don-ohio (:^D

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account