QT 50

My '84 QT50 will start and run but when it gets to operating temperature, it stalls when I stop. I can't seem to run it when the choke is all the way off--I have to keep the choke on halfway and that means the engine runs fast and that means my clutch won't downshift properly when I want to slow down. Should I clean the carb for the 100th time or could it be something else? Any suggestions.

Re: QT 50

the nipple where the fuel inters the carb is where it has built up most likely. i had the same problem. if fuel flows nicly through the fual line dirt had clogged that in-let nipple. use carb cleaner and an air compressor to blow that crud outa there!

Believe it or not, I took the carb off and cleaned it really, really well. There was gunk in the idler jet opening. A very small opening that I had thought I'd cleaned thoroughly. Now it runs well when I come to a stop but it seems to "stutter" as it nears the top end of the 2nd gear. Why is that? Also, any idea on how to get a taillight bulb and a blinker flasher unit?

try doing a slight carb adjustment. It sounds like the fuel air mixture might be off slightly at top end. If you look to the right of the idle screw you will see another screw that flush or slightly indented inm the carb. Thats the air/fuel mixture screw. try turning that in or out slightly and see if it runs any different. I did that with mine and it worked fine. Got it to run nice and smooth.

I have been adjusting that to no avail. But I was reading another post for a different moped and he was talking about his machine stuttering at or near top speed and he was advised to thoroughly clean the muffler even if he could blow through it easily so that's what I'm going to do. What do think is the best wasy to do that? Engine cleaner? Degreaser? Roast it over an open flame?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account