Too Much, Too Little? IDK HELP!

Okay guys i know this is said alot, but idk why i get this jitter between first and second gear ...

I got a brand new gasket for the tranny case, filled the new ATP Type F fluid into the tranny, all the way up till it stopped coming out of the weep hole..

still getting this jitters between 1st and second gear .. do I have too much or too little ATF? I checked the gears and clutch and nothing is not damaged ..

i dont understand why this same exact problem happened before i gave it over to action yamaha, they changed the tranny fluid, and it ran fine when they gave it back to me .. pleasee help..

should I add more fluid or drain more?? THANKS

Re: Too Much, Too Little? IDK HELP!

I'm guessing it's a tomos?? a-3 or a-35 or is it some other type of moped?

Matt Erdman /

1999 Tomos Targa LX (A-35)

Type or viscosity of the transmission fluid maybe?

ok. what color is the fluid when you drain it?

Matt Erdman /

it is brown

My Puch Magnum has a weep hole that squirts excess fluid out if you overfill it and a leveling hole.. I'm assuming that you mean the leveling hole... I would just take a ride over to Action yamaha and ask the service dudes.. there may have been a service bulletin on that tranny and if so they can tell you what to do!

" all the way up till it stopped coming out of the weep hole.."

do you mean until it _starts_ coming out? because thats when you should stop filling it. And the fluid should be red, unless it is really old.

well if he put the fluid in and it WAS red, and now it is sorta white or a color other than red or black... there has to be some kind of other substance such as water in the trans.

water in the tranny could mean rust right no?

not usually, most of the parts in the tranny won't rust. I had contaminated oil in the tranny of a moped (which was sitting for 20 odd years) and the inside looks fine.

just drained and refilled it. hunky dory.

Matt Erdman /

when i fill it up, i wait until it starts coming out of the weep hole, then when it finishes coming out, thats when I put the screw back in....

im sorry, its red when it comes out, not brown

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account