Ever have to Re-Apply Kreeme?

Nic Soontiens /

Guys, i was too skimpy on the first application and found that after filling the tank again, i still had a small leak...

just need to know what to do next? do i have to strip the entire tank again and start over....?

thanks,

nic

Re: Ever have to Re-Apply Kreeme?

See Ya Moped Army /

I would just put some JB Weld over the hole. I've used it many times for gas tank leaks.

Ever have to Re-Apply Kreeme?

No, you can do it. It tells you what to do in the instructions. I believe they tell you to rinse the tank out with a certain chemical...acetone? I don't remember. Whatever it was, it helps liquify the old Kreme so the new can be applied on top of it.

I don't believe that kreem is intended to stop leaks,

only prevent rust.

Spence

Caswell tank sealer is the only one which will both seal and plug holes. The others require a separate hole pluging. Use MoPedLar's suggestion.

Nic Soontiens /
nic OP

Guys,

thank you ALL for your great advice! (I love the M.A.!)

But...my problem is that this is for a Peugeot 103 - tank is part of the frame (more or less) - how do i get the JB Weld into that far crevass of the tank (where it joins the tank)?

Putting the JB Weld on the outside just doesn't seem right...

nic

See Ya Moped Army /

I do it all the time.

...Putting the JB Weld on the outside just doesn’t seem right….

Well it's not the most elegant thing to do, but as MoPedLar points out, it does work. Sand the area clean, and (if the metal is not too thin..) dimple it a bit with a small ballpein hammer. Fill the dimple with JB weld, then sand and paint when it's hard.

Did this on more than one tank over time. JB rocks ;)

By the way, JB-weld will flow for quite some time after it is mixed (long working time), so orient the tank such that the JB wants to pool in the dimple, not run down the side.

Epoxies and such that have longer working/hardening times (like JB) are the strongest. This is why 5-minute epoxy is not nearly as strong as the 24-hour types.

I've plugged tank pinholes up before with multiple Kreem applications, with tape over the holes until it dries. It's been working well for months, now. We'll see.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account