encarwi carb

i have a reed valve, and its very clean, i blew through it and its operating.i have to say that the carb over all is in mint condition and looks brand new. fuel from the petcock is fine,new plug points condencer starts fine.what are some reasons why my 1980 batavus m-48 will only run for about a mile, then stall out? the new plug does look dark or black after removing it after stalling out.

Re: encarwi carb

Black plug? Could be running a little too much oil. What ratio are you using?

yes it got very dark, not brown i mixed it 50:1 according to the sticker on the tank on or about 2.6oz.in i gallon of regular unleaded

Don Pflueger /

plugged gas cap vent, plugged petcock, water in the gas, reed not sealing on the compression stroke, too large of a main jet, plugged exhaust/exhaust port.

Don Pflueger /

forgot to add, plugged air filter or airbox.

hi don, thats one thing i havn't done-clean my air filter, what should i use to clean it. it looks like a small transsitter radio speaker. i never did looked into this because it always starts right away. thaaaaanks man.

Don Pflueger /

gas or carb cleaner should clean it right up. i dont really think the filter is your problem tho. if it was, its so dirty you can see the dirt and grime plugging it.

Hi,

Can anyone out there help me ...

I urgently need a throttle valve for a 1988 TOMOS A3M ENCARWI carb plus the spring.

The carb has 88A85/103 stamped on it

I have all the other bits except these

Your help much appreciated, i am in Wallingford, Oxfordshire, UK and want to get my bike 'on the road' asap

Thanks,

Peter

HI...

I forgot...i also need the metal cable holder that fits into the plastic screw top!!!! (a cable to go with it will do as well!!)

Peter

Don Pflueger /

www.ikesbikes.com, and www.mopedwarehouse.com can get you parts for your carb.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account