Batavus HS50 clutch

Bruce Wilkinson /

Lindsays clutch cover fell off and also the lever that the cable is attached to. What holds this lever on, is it spring loaded, and where can she get these parts ? Thanks for any advise. bruce RCMP

Re: Batavus HS50 clutch

Bruce Wilkinson /

Just to clarify the above post, the lever is under the clutch cover, not the handlebar lever. bruce RCMP

i think thats the lever guides the cable and i think it does have a spring on it my 1980 batavus has the same thing.

check out the hs50 manuel on moped riders assoc. www.mopedriders.org and go onto repair manuels. -tim nypd retired

Bruce Wilkinson /

I was looking at that manual and it's not very clear in the picture how it works. Where do you get parts for your moped ? Thanks bruce

i went on the moped junkyard for points and condenser , now my clutch is shot. i started it with an electric drill turning the motor today for the first time! but it stayss right in the neighborhood cant go far without a clutch. thats fine for my 10yo daughter.

see the actual photo, part 9 and 14?

Don Pflueger /

the lever is held on by a bolt, or a clamp depending on which part fell off. parts are very hard to find.

Don Pflueger /

ok i thought you meant handlebar

Bruce Wilkinson /

Tim, thanks for the info. I was able to get a better idea of what's what in the junkyard photo.bruce

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account