Re: Magneto coil faulty on Honda NC50

James Foster /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Ok, I checked them again, and they are pitted, but still provide sufficient contact to at least do something. I've tried different contact points in there, but it still didn't change the reading at all. So I've eliminated the points as being the underlined issue here for now, I just have to find out what it is...

Remember, I tested for voltage(while the magneto plate was installed) on the black/white wire coming strait from the ignition plate. Thankfully I have another honda express that runs, and I tested it's ignition plate the same way, and I got much different results. From turning over it's engine, while having a lead connected to the black/white wire alone, I got a significant amount of voltage(it made the multi-meter go out of range). 8-/

So now I know somethin' ain't right with one of the coils on the ignition plate. It's really irritating too, because it's not something simple like the points being faulty or a wire disconnected. Does anyone here happen to be, or know an electronic-oriented person that could help me with this matter? Thanks guys for you're input so far.

JF

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account