Magneto coil faulty on Honda NC50

James Foster /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Well, while I was taking out the magneto plate on my 80' Honda NC50, I found out that the points were misaligned. So, I took them off, realigned them, cleaned them, then put the whole thing back together. But when I checked the spark plug to see how well the spark would be, it didn't spark at all. I went over everything, and everything else checks out fine, except for the magneto (ignition) plate. When I hooked up my multi-meter to the black/white wire coming from the plate, and turned over the engine, it didn't get any reading. I now have the two coils removed from the plate, but I'm not quite sure how to attack this thing. Nothing seems broken on it, so I don't know what the problem is. :/

I've looked at all my options already, even checked the manual, but still to no avail. Has anyone encountered this problem before, and if so how did you go about fixing it?

Thanks,

JF

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account