WD 40 and Carburator

I am thinking about taking apart my carb and soaking it in wd 40, is this a good or bad idea?

Re: WD 40 and Carburator

See Ya Moped Army /

soak it in carb cleaner.

Don Pflueger /

it wont hurt anything, but it wont clean it as well as carb cleaner will.

Michael Vogt /

I do not use WD-40 or Carb Cleaner(cost to much for me) I use Gas or Diesel fuel but Gas or Diesel only loosen the crud up so make sure that you blow it out with Carb Cleaner.

Jonas Quimby /

The only problem you may run into with soaking the carb in solvents would be if you have rubber o-rings or a plastic float. Harsh cleaners can damage these, and shouldnt be soaked.

Otherwise, go right ahead. But I bet it wont need more then a minute of soaking in a strong carb cleaner.

Courtis Fuller /

And.. Be real careful with the carb cleaner, Dont let it get in your eyes.

Jonas Quimby /

Or on your hands, if it's the supra strong kind. I melted a screwdriver to my hand that way.

Imagine something strong enough to melt plastic on contact on your skin. Now imagine you have to spray yourself with more to get it off.

Ouch.

Don Pflueger /

been there a million times. my hands are so beat up from so many years of turning wrenches that carb cleaner doesnt phaze them. i stick my hands in it on a daily basis. burns cuts like mad tho.

:P the light from the camera actually made alot of the blackness dissapear

1113746547_p1010030.jpg

Courtis Fuller /

Nasty. Yeah.. I know that that feels like. :)

lol don...

The last time I went to the hospital for the flu.. the doctor left me alone in the exam room for a few minutes... I snagged a few pairs of latex gloves that were sitting there and stuck em in my pocket and I've used them several times now to work on my carb and any other greasy jobs that would otherwise leave my hands black.. they work awesome!

They sell them at CVS and Walgreens too... they are super thin and you can even use them to change jets and small stuff like that...

The moral of the story.. never turn your back on a devious mopeder lol :P

Carb cleaner is not expensive, its less than a dollar a can at walmart and places like autozone.

Don Pflueger /

lol, no wonder my dr bills are so high. i do the same thing. got 3 stethescopes, two blood pressure cuffs, tons of surgical gloves, hats, a universal protection shield, all kinds of medications and creams, a lab coat, hospital socks, surgical shoe covers, and tons of tongue depreesers. my wife hates going to the hospital with me. stetyhescopes are awesome for listening to internal engine problems and i'm currently building a leak down tester from one blood pressure cuff.

Jeeeeeezeee I thought I was bad!!!!!! ROFL

damn, i just steal those surgical blades which are rediculously sharp....my mom was in the hospital for some stuff so they gave her a box of latex (non powder HAHAH!!! dont use powder gloves!!!:P) gloves which i never use since they get pinched in the piston and i end up getting glove in the piston...As for gas...i get gas on my hands all the time, gives me lots of energy :P

Smitty Smith /

LMAO!!! and we wonder why health care costs are so high, LOL!!!

Don Pflueger /

yep. its all my fault. i figure i'm paying outrageous insurance premiums, plus medical bills, might as well get some free gifts like you do at the bank.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account