Honda, magneto

I am looking for any info on a 6 volt voltage regulator for a 1980-83 Honda PA50. It was suggested I check into a yamaha or Honda Express but sadly neither will do. They don't make this piece anymore. It is not battery operated just a magneto and there isn't any flashers or starter. It is a 1 inch square black box with 3 - 6 inch wires sticking out. Any info on how to get around this, thank you .

Re: Honda, magneto

Why?

What do you mean Why? I need a 6 volt voltage regulator, by law I need headlights on my moped. Sorry for the confusion.

arlene

I am confused. You say your unit does not have a battery. The PA50s that did not have a battery were not supplied with a voltage regulator. The capacity of the magneto was such that the voltage could never raise above the 6V required by the lights.

Hi again, sorry for the confusion, my husband is the moped owner and just typing what he tells me. I can forward a picture of the part if you want. He tells me that the little box stops the amps going too high so the lights won't burn out.

If you want to see a picture you can send me your email address. Thanks bye.

arlene

Hi:

My email address is: mikemill20@aol.com

I have a workshop manual for years '78-'81 and a parts list for the same years.

I can find no reference to a voltage regulator.

Send me the photo and we can go from there.

Mike

Hi Mike, as I am reading these messages to my husband he JUST happens to say well it is really called a rectifier. Please forgive me for the confusion. Thanks.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account