Kinetic TFR problem...

hello,

I'm just getting in to 2 stroke engine repair and need a little advice... yesterday i was riding down the road and took a spill in some loose gravel, im ok but im afriad somthing happened to my tfr, every time I try to accelerate not you can hear that the motor is working just as hard if not harder than it usually does but the thing just doesnt go! i mean it does sort of but it accelerates considerably slower and has lost a lot of top speed! have i lost compression or somthing? please advise, thanks.

John

Re: Kinetic TFR problem...

First off, check your clutch. The clutch on the TFR isn't so great, and apparently can break rather easily.

Check for an exhaust leak. Check the drive belt. Check the carb and air filter (maybe it got gunked up with dirt when you fell?).

If you're worrying about compression, check it with a compression gauge. I doubt that's the problem though.

What sort of top speed do you see now? What did you see before?

I used to be able to get it up to almost 30 now it tops out at about 23-25 mph. the real problem is the acceleration, its weird because it seems like the motor is funtioning just as well as usual and the belt looks fine, about gunk though you may be right i noticed a leak a while ago and it may just simply be getting worse. also there is a dent in the exaust pipe. maybe that has somthing to do with it? thanks so much for your help!

John

Check the plastic air box on the back of the carb. Make sure it is properly seated. Could have been knock partially off the carb from the spill.

If the dent in the pipe has closed off the exhaust passage it could be restricting the engine.

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

Lift each wheel off the ground and make sure they turn freely. If not your brakes are stuck. Jim

when you fell did the tfr go down on the exhaust side, i dont know whats inside that you could see when you remove the exhaust pipe but you can shake it to hear if anything lostened up.

ya know you can call, Tim here may be able to help you, just make sure you have all of your information ready IE how you crashed it, IE which side, have you checked the Airbox as stated earlier? The Airboxes are touchy little critters. anyway if you need a hand give us a call.

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

Cosmo comes through again. Thanks Jim.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account