Iowa express speed governed?

Xyplestop Florbledo /

I remember reading in some forum that Honda Expresses sold in Iowa were speed governed.

Has anyone heard of this? and if so how is it defeated?

Re: Iowa express speed governed?

Yeah the model number wouldn't be NC50 like most expresses. It would be NC50I. I don't know how you can take the governor off. I dont really think anyone does.

Xyplestop Florbledo /
tak OP

thanks. ill go look

Xyplestop Florbledo /
tak OP

Then I'm in luck, mine does not say that, so I'll have tto look at other possibilities.

The new rings probably wont hurt

i think a tomos has a govener does it? i was looking through the carb and i think i found it................ this weekend i will be testing it to see if it works........ ill keep you guys posted, does anyone know if they do

The I model only went 20mph if I recall corectly, if you are going that slow on your non-I model then you have problems, have you checked the exhaust and port for carbon build-up?

Xyplestop Florbledo /
tak OP

its going 25. Exactly25, then it stops so I'm going to clean the pipe, and do the rings this weekend. Assuming my gasket set shows up on time

Jonas Quimby /

the Iowa Express was ment to hit 25 exactly and stop.

I believe the Iowa NC50I designation was only on the 82 and later bikes. I'll go through my manuals and see if I can finf out for sure.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account