Tomos Targa LX Throttle problem.

On the Targa LX it has a plastic slide throttle in the handle. Well, I was riding it the other day and the twist part of the throttle just popped out! It got stuck over-revving and i had to shut it off. I took it appart, and tried to put it back together, but there's this return spring on the inside of the handle grip that clips into the throttle assembly on the handlebars, I thought i popped it back into place, but it KEEPS COMING OUT. The moped is BRAND NEW, it barely has 100 miles on it! Does this happen all the time, or is this a factory defect that I should have my dealer fix??? Thanks.

Re: Tomos Targa LX Throttle problem.

Don Pflueger /

that should be a warranty issue that the dealer should fix. it does not happen all the time.

Great, thanks, I'll call him up and let him know.

I have the same problem on my golden bullet ttlx, i was wondering what i could do to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Don Pflueger /

it keeps coming apart because of two reasons.

1- your missing the set screw that sits in a groove in the twist grip and holds the assembly together.

2- your throttle control may have slid inward to far and you cant seat the twist grip completely into the control so that the set screw can hold it in place.

Thanks donp i think its the set screw.

Don Pflueger /

most likely it is and its missing. its tiny.

Thanks a million. I put a new carb on my 89 bullet ttlx today and now it starts first kick! When i started it up it smoked a lot, was this because i didn't have my exhaust on? Or should i check my oil injection? And after i shut it off it kept smoking a few minutes later.

Don Pflueger /

smoking could mean alot of things. what color was the smoke? you should never run a 2 stroke without an exhaust.

it was dark

close to black

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account