Removing a Puch Oil pump??

okay... I removed the Oil pump and popped it off.. there is a big hole in the engine case the shape of and exhaust port (w/2 screw holes) where the cam from the pump goes in.. I didn't see any way to seal it off and I couldn't find anything on the pump that I could use to accomplish this task... can I take the pump apart to remove the guts and cam and replace the top part of the pump to its original place to close the hole?? What am I missing donp??

Re: Removing a Puch Oil pump??

Hummm...

i've heard of people canceling their oil pump fonction, but not really REMOVING IT...

usually, people let the pump where it should go, and they simply mix their gaz in their gaz tank...

and to prevent the engine to suck air trough the oil line they dont use anymore, they put a screw to block it...

i think that it's the best way to do, and the hole on your moped wont be open

g.b.

Daniel Van Donsel /

thanks gb.. that's what I did but I wa worried that the dry pump will seize up and if there is a way I can remove it altogether I would rather do that... I just don't have the facilities to fabricate a replacement cover :)

humm, yeah, you are right about the pump seizing

i cant help further

you'll have to wait for Donp

g.b.

why dont you get one of those rubber plugs with the nut that tightens up on it like they use for boats

Daniel Van Donsel /

Well that would be Butt ugly lol.. but more importantly.. I think it needs to be metal or some heat resistant material :P

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account