Express : WHAT IS THIS?

Hi all..

So Thanks to Jax184 and his handy guide I DID get my express running. I am however, missing an airfilter, so I was buzzing up and down the street with my hand covering the air intake. Hopefully when I pick the filter up tommorow, I'll be able to screw with the air mixtures, and idle speed to KEEP it running...

Anyways the real question is , what does this (see attached) hose connect to? I've it tied up to the frame just to get it out the way right now. As far as I can tell it was just hanging there when I got it!

Thanks again guys

1113141635_expresscarb.jpg

Re: Express : WHAT IS THIS?

James Foster /

It might be a vent hose of some kind, like a breather for the carb. Or, since that's an auto-choke model, it might have something to do with keeping that working.

All in all, you're gonna need to find an air cleaner sooner than later...

JF

Don Pflueger /

thats either the vent for the fuel bowl, or the drain hose. there should be two hoses hanging down off the carb.

It looks like the same thing that on my pa50 (honda)

it's a breather hose...

you dont have tu plug it anywhere...

i think that it's used to let the air escape from the bowl, when the fuel enters it...

g.b.

Thanks guys, I think you hit it on the head, There is a second hose, dead bottom center for the bowl. I tested and this is in fact the drain.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account