Gurtner jets

Ok I rele need to clean the jets on my gurtner carb out cause there rusted to hell. I tryed soaking the carb in carb cleaner and it didnt help to much. Can some one else please help me?

Thanks

Dsutin Jiles

Re: Gurtner jets

Dustin Jiles /

anyone?

try soaking in gasoline or wd 40 overnight

Step 1. remove gunter carb

2. put carb on bench

3. put carb in box or bag

4. throw under bench

5. install chinese 80cc carb

6. ride moped

7. get a drink and some food...

See?

in 7 steps you have solved the gunter problem.

how do i get the jets out of my gurtner carb?

with your teeth.

First off, fully dissassemble carb - every piece that was made to come off shoud be off. Most pieces come apart easily enough some require some effort. For stuck choke slide/throttle slides I recomend WD-40 then threading the cable in and pulling really hard on the cable - eventually it will come loose. To get the jet out, there is a brass screw at the bottom of the carb - unscrew that. Look in the hole you just made by taking that out - theres a threaded washer type thingy up in there that a straight screwdriver will take out... do that. Then look up there again thats the diffuser up there, dont try to turn it with a screwdriver it will break, it is not threaded. Instead from the top of the carb push gently down on the tip that sticks into the chamber where the throttle slide used to be. If it doenst give, press harder, if needed us a large diameter blunt metal object like the back end of a large drill bit to press on this tip. Dont use a screwdriver or you may bend it.

Once all these parts are out, soak carb it in carb cleaner overnight - dont just spray with carb cleaner and let sit overnight, get one of those dunk buckets you can get at autoparts stores with the baskets and let is soak in the juices.

Next day pull it out, spray all the little passages with spray carb cleaner just for good measure. Run a thin wire through all the little holes to make they are clear. Then spray it out with some compressed air and reassemble. Take your time, otherwise you will do it again.

search gurtner carb on the wiki for a handy exploded diagram of the carb

I havent had trouble with my gurtner... Its not high performance but it works well. And a new carb would be at least $65 so I am cheap and just keep the old one working.

my aproach is similar to mr. canamharry:

Step 1. remove gunter carb

2. put carb on bench

3. smash carb with hammer so it can harm nobody else's moped

4. sweap under bench

5. install 14:12 Dellorto(easy to find jets, low 50s most likely)

6. ride moped

7. get drunk and make some food…

See?

in 3 steps you have solved the gunter problem. much like the snake fish

Eye this picke and you will see the light. I was waiting for Warisesi to attach this, she always has helpful advice wif carby cleaning.

-Curly

1210290454_gurtnerjets.jpg

Warisesi was actually not real, sorry you didn't get the memo.

But yes, they did give good advice.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account