Garelli Gransport problems

Hi everyone, I have been working on a 79 Garelli Gransport the past few days and have hit a wall. I bought a new spark plug for it and had it running yesterday but today it wont start. The engine will rev when the clutch is pulled and given some gas but the engine just wont catch anymore. The carb was leaking a bit so I took it apart and it looks fine. It's a great bike and really fun to ride so I'd love to get it back to a consistently good condition. Any ideas on where to start with this thing? Thanks!

Re: Garelli Gransport problems

Smitty Smith /

Sounds like your main jet in the carb may be clogged. You can use the inner wire of a bread twist-tie to clean it out. Also check to see if the plug is still sparking.

Re: Garelli Gransport problems

Don Pflueger /

"The engine will rev when the clutch is pulled and given some gas but the engine just wont catch anymore."

???????

are you saying that it will start for a few seconds and then dies? if so, go thru the fuel system very thoroughly. make a spark tester (do a search for my cheap tools thread in the general moped discussion area) and watch it to see if your spark goes away when it quits running.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account