help: my chain keeps falling off.

so i have my moped all running for the summer but my chain keeps falling off after like a block of riding. it started doing this at the end of the season last year but wasnt this bad.

i dont think this is a very difficult problem to fix but i just dont know how and i need some help to get in the right directions. any help?

thanks.

Re: help: my chain keeps falling off.

you probably just need it to be tighter. Falling off is a big sign that there is too much slack

John Joedicke /

Original chain, maybe you need to replace it?

okay. how would one go about tightening their chain? thanks.

not sure if its the original or not but i wouldnt think i need to replace it. it seems fine to me?

Rayn Kozikowski /

where is the chain fallen off from? if its the master link go to the hardware store and get a new one. if its not loosen the nuts that hold the rear wheel on the bike and pull on the rim until there is a good amount of tension. when ur tightening the wheel back on make sure its straight!!!

this is how i would go it. loosen the back axel nuts alittle bit

, and theirs like these things on the back axel and their usually silver, u turn them, it could be eather direction and when you find out the direction to turn them it will make the chan tight, you dont want your chan too loose or to tight, once u found how tight the chain should be tightin ub the bults and your good to go.

If it's a Tomos moped you need 2 cm play, (3/4 inch). I would say this applies to most peds.

yep same with puch 2 cm of play....if it is a new chain then it may need a new one although it looks good because older chains always stretch which cause the chain t be to loose.....also if ur lucky it just may need tightened and he just told u how to do that

BlAiR

If it's loose enough to be falling off, you might have to take a link out. To do that, tyou pretty much have to go to the moped shop or a motorcycle shop and ask them for a chain breaker tool

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account