1980 Peugeot 102SP help

David /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

OK, thanks for reading

I have a 1980 Peugeot 102SP. I got it over the summer for fun. It was running decent at the time, but every now and then it would start to cut out when I was riding it, and it would lose power. Most of the time the engine would catch again though and it was fine. I stopped riding it as it got colder, and when I tried again, I couldnt get it started. I replaced the spark plug, and now I can start it, but after about 10 seconds of riding the engine again dies and loses all power.

I know almost nothing about mopeds, but I am willing to learn. Anyone have any idea what might be wrong? I love riding it, and want it fixed. Are they service manuals or anything for this moped I could buy, or should I just go throw some money away at a repair shop? Thanks for your help

Oh yeah. Also, I managed to mess up the handle when I was transporting it. I broke the throttle handle (accelerator?) and now it is attached to the bike by rubbler bands. As long as its held in place, it works, but I would love to replace it. Any idea where I could? again, thanks

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account